Does My Estrogen Levels Matter?
As a hormone, estrogen stays in your body in small amounts. However, they have a big role to play when it comes to maintaining your health. While both men and women produce estrogen, women produce it in bigger amounts.
The hormone estrogen allows your body to do the following:
- young girls begin to sexually develop due to estrogen
- watches over the growth of your uterine lining during your period and the beginning of a pregnancy
- causes breasts to change in young women and pregnant women
- regulates body weight, food intake, insulin sensitivity, and glucose metabolism
What Are Some of The Symptoms of Low Estrogen?
While pre-pubescent women and those approaching menopause are those most likely to experience low estrogen, women of all ages can suffer from estrogen deficiency. Some of the signs of low estrogen include some of the following conditions:
- Irregular or missed periods
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Tenderness of breasts
- Headaches or worsening of migraines
- Trouble concentrating
- Decrease or absence of libido
- Pain during intercourse
- Lack of vaginal lubrication
- Vaginal loosening
Natural Remedies for Low Estrogen in Women
Some women would prefer to treat their low estrogen with natural methods. Many of the following treatments have been known to be effective for women. If you have symptoms of low estrogen, some of the following treatments could provide symptom relief:
Lowering consumption of fats and carbohydrates can help. So can eating more fiber. Include some of the following foods, which have phytoestrogens in them:
- Wheat bran
Avoid high amounts of sugar and remember to include more fresh foods than processed in your diet.
About 30 minutes of exercise a day can not only prevent diabetes, obesity, and heart disease, but it can also increase estrogen.
Stop using tobacco
Tobacco can indirectly lower your estrogen levels. It can even bring on early menopause.
Yes, coffee actually has benefits. One benefit for women who drink at least two cups of coffee or tea is increased estrogen levels.
What are Phytoestrogen?
Phytoestrogen are estrogen that are made by plants. You can also find them in many different plant foods. If you eat veggies, fruits, and legumes, you’ll have phytoestrogens in your daily diet.
Phytoestrogens mainly work as a kind of hormone replacement therapy. This could definitely be said about phytoestrogen supplements. Phytoestrogen supplements mimics your body’s own estrogen supply. Some of the benefits that you can get from taking phytoestrogen supplements include some of the following:
- Relief from hot flashes: Researchers found that phytoestrogens can provide great relief from hot flashes. Other studies have been done on the positive effects for hot flashes.
- Osteoporosis prevention: Some studies have shown that phytoestrogens can prevent bone loss in women. As women age, estrogen levels begin to drop, which can make them more vulnerable to osteoporosis. These studies can help prevent a problem that millions of women have.
- Menstrual regulation and PMS relief: Some women use phytoestrogens as a natural reliever for aches and pains associated with their menstrual cycle. During your menses, your estrogen levels can drop. This can cause extremely uncomfortable symptoms.
- Acne treatment: Some day, dermatologists could start treating acne with phytoestrogens. A theory going around medical circles is that androgens (male hormones) counters estrogen. This can cause acne in women. The phytoestrogens could counter the androgens and fight the acne as a result. While the medical theory seems sound, more research is needed.
- Normalizes the amount of vaginal lubrication. Lack of estrogen in the body can cause a decrease in lubrication during intercourse which can cause pain during sex and lack of libido. Phytoestrogen can help you with that. Taking supplements that are high in good quality phytoestrogen can help reverse all these symptoms.
Easy way to get Phytoestrogen
Not everyone has the luxury of carefully planning their meals to include foods high in phytoestrogen. Besides, you need to include phytoestrogen in your diet consistently everyday and make sure that you are taking adequate amounts of it. With today’s busy lifestyle, who has the time for that? This is where phytoestrogen supplements can help.
Supplements such as those that you can buy from Vagifirm (www.vagifirm.com) contain high quality phytoestrogen which you can take anytime to help you replenish the estrogen that you need. It’s all natural and organic, so it’s safe to take and has no side effects.
Lack of estrogen in the body is nothing to be taken lightly. It can hinder your everyday quality of living and when ignored, can lead to something worse. With the right diet, exercise and the help of phytoestrogen, you can bring your estrogen levels back to healthy levels and keep your health in tip top condition!