How a woman gets a loose vagina remains a controversial topic among women and men today. At some point in your life you may have wondered whether your vagina is tight or too loose, and wondering is completely normal!
There are many different myths that are often linked with vaginal looseness. For instance, some believe that having lots of sex can make “it” looser, while others believe they became loose the moment they lost their virginity. Although these beliefs regarding this topic carry some validity, there are some facts that every woman should know to better understand how vaginal looseness really comes about and what we can do about it.
So, are there any truths behind these myths?
How Does the Vagina Lose Its Elasticity?
Before trying to understand how the vagina loses its elasticity, it is important to better understand the basic layers of the vagina and what role they play. The vagina has three main layers:
- The first one is the most outer part, which is a hollow elastic canal. This layer is called the mucosa layer. This is the layer that is lubricated and makes direct contact with the penis during intercourse.
- The second layer is muscle which is in charge of the tightness of the vagina.
- The third one is called adventitia. It connects the vagina to the rest of the body,anchoring it in place. This layer also plays an important role in keeping the vagina tight.
The vagina is a highly elastic and stretchable organ. It’s like an accordion that can be stretched out and in many times over and over and then easily fall back to its original shape even after playing it many times. However, during childbirth or menopause the body loses estrogen which can then lead to a condition called vaginal relaxation, or vaginal loosening, where the vagina will then not be able to return fully to its original shape .
Also read: How To Help Women Recover After Giving birth
How Does Estrogen Help in Vaginal Tightening?
Estrogen is the hormone responsible for the maintenance of a woman’s sexual organs. It’s the one that helps firms the breasts, increases metabolism, and tightens vaginal muscles.
As women grow older, the body produces less and less estrogen, so without estrogen in the body, there will be nothing to help maintain vaginal tightness.
Another cause of vaginal loosening is giving multiple births vaginally. True, the vagina is a highly elastic organ, but after multiple childbirths involving the vaginal canal stretching so much to accommodate the baby, it will eventually need much help to regain its tightness and elasticity.
Also read: Natural Treatments for Menopause
How to Combat Vaginal Looseness Through Exercise
Luckily, there are natural and healthy ways that can help combat vaginal loosening and regain tightness and tone. Here is what I found to be some of the best and most effective methods that you can try to help reverse vaginal looseness:
Kegel exercises work out your pelvic floor muscles, the same muscles that lose elasticity as we age and give birth. This exercise helps give you gain more vaginal control and muscle tone down there. There are many different ways you can do kegel exercises. Here is one of them we found to be effective and easiest:
- Identify which muscles are your pelvic muscles. You can do this by stopping your urine during midstream.
- Tighten your pelvic muscles and hold for 5 seconds and then release for 5 seconds. Repeat this until you work your way up to holding for 10 seconds and releasing for 10 seconds.
- Remember to breathe normally throughout. Also, zone in on flexing just the pelvic muscles and not other muscles nearby like your stomach, butt, or thighs.
- Gradually increase the length of time you tighten and release every week until you reach the 10 seconds mark.
- Make it your goal to do at minimum three sets of 10 repetitions per day.
The worst part about kegel exercises is just remembering to do them! Here’s a tip：Put a reminder on your phone to do your kegel exercises and mark it off a calendar! The best part about kegel exercises is that you can do it anywhere, anytime and no one would ever know!
A great way to make sure that you are doing your kegels correctly is by using a kegel exercise kit which you can get here: vkegel.com
To perform these exercises, stand with your feet shoulder-wide. While keeping your hips tucked in, slowly bend at the knees. You can hold weights to get better results and also work your hands at the same time. Make it your goal to do, at minimum, three sets of 15 repetitions per day. Doing these exercises repeatedly and on a regular basis will help tighten your vaginal muscles over time.
Ben Wa Balls or Vaginal Cones
Ben Wa Balls or Vaginal Cones play an essential role when it comes to reconstructing the pelvic floor muscles. The main differences between the two is the slight difference in shape, one is more cone shaped and the other is more spherical, and you can adjust the amount of weights if using vaginal cones.
The method of use for both are very similar. We will be focusing on the method of how to use Ben Wa balls in this article:
- Place Ben Wa balls inside your vagina.
- Hold the balls inside you by tensing your leg muscles together and then start walking around.
- Start out with trying to hold them in for 15 minutes and then increase your time from there.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Raise your bent right knee off the ground.
- When you will feel your lower back begin to flatten, lower your knee back to the start position.
- Next, do the same with the left side.
- Make it your goal to do three sets of 10 repetitions per day.
This will help strengthen the muscles around your vagina and also offer the added advantage of tightening your booty and leg muscles at the same time!
Herbal Supplements with Phytoestrogen
Remember, estrogen is the hormone that’s responsible for vaginal tightening and maintaining vaginal muscle tone. When there’s a lack of estrogen, such as during menopause or right after child birth, there is then nothing that helps the vagina maintain its tightness and elasticity.
Phytoestrogen is the safest form of estrogen that is naturally produced by plants. They supply the body with the estrogen it lacks to help the vagina regain its former tightness. Herbs such as Kacip Fatimah and Morinda Citrifolia have been used for centuries and shown to contain high-quality phytoestrogen that can safely rejuvenate a woman’s sexual organs and sexual youth.
Also Read: How Can I Tighten My Vagina
Desiring a tight vagina is nothing to be ashamed about and is completely normal. With the right exercise and high-quality herbs like Kacip Fatimah and Morinda Citrifolia, you can regain the tightness you once had and feel young and alive again!